Sunday, June 13, 2010

Like home in Venice


Yes, it's hot and humid like singapore, and I also feel a kind of "homecoming" here, as I am here maybe for the 5th or 6th time (or more). Have found a nice hotel very close to the station with air conditioning, although this attic is only good for people who can keep their heads down when showering in the "shower under the eaves".
I took a walk, supposedly to San Marco yesterday, got distracted by lunch (nice Italian 3 course meal) and promptly got lost after that. It gave me a chance to buy a vaporetto (water bus) ticket and float back on the Grand Canal. Today I got up early (adjusting to Singapore time) and took a calm, peaceful and slow ride in the deserted canal and city. It was great.
Later on this Sunday afternoon, the crowds were back. After jostling with people from all over the world, it was great to sit down in a small bar (coffee shop) and have ice cream and tea.
I'll be taking the train to Munich tomorrow to catch the night flight to Bangkok and the afternoon flight on Tuesday to singapore.

1 comment:

  1. I was on this trip to downriver part of Sibu and rang the church bell because the Pastor said it being not a Sunday I could practise ringing the bell!! The residents would know/understand that someone is practising and they won't rush to the church for service!!

    I love bells and photos of bells.

    ReplyDelete